Green Lantern

I thought this movie was just “alright.”  I’m not sure why it didn’t impress me more – it just seemed like it was a step below what it should have been on almost every level.  I didn’t know much about the Green Lantern as a superhero going into this, so I was glad they spent quite a bit of the movie explaining their history and how they select new members.  It just felt like a regular guy that became a superhero – almost too much so.  He didn’t seem “that” super until it was up to him to defend mankind and save the universe from Parallax, a super powerful being who was just getting stronger and stronger all the time.  Something I did like was that you never knew what he was going to “create” out of nowhere (which he could do with his mind) to fix whatever situation he was in – that was entertaining to me.  So, I’d say it wasn’t great or a classic, but I’ve definitely seen worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment