Crazy, Stupid, Love

I saw this film in the theatres then watched it again on DVD and for the most part,  I liked it. There were some parts that I didn’t like but you can’t like everything I guess.  The story goes that Steve Carell’s character finds out his wife had an affair and she wants a divorce.  He is blindsided by the revelation and finds himself moving out and drowning his sorrows in the local club.  Enter the smooth talking ladies man played by Ryan Gossling.  He takes pity on Steve and decides he’s going to teach him how to be a man again . . .a ladies man.  The story takes you on Steve’s transformation and his conquests but through it all – he still wants to be that middle-aged man married to his love of his life.  There are several other subplots which are entertaining and some really funny lines and scenes.  Eventually the movie hits the nail on the head by realizing – that true love does exist in its truest and sometimes stupidest forms.   And after everything has been said and done - you have to sit back and decide if all the craziness, heartache, and pain is worth getting back to square one.  Overall, I think I liked it better than what I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment