The Ides of March

This movie made me feel very “optimistic” at the beginning and I was thinking that was how I wish politics could work and then before long, it started showing the dark side of political campaigns.  There’s sex, lies, deals being made, backstabbing - and people never know who they can trust – even in their own camp!  If anyone knows ANYTHING, they can and will use it against you!!!  With everything going on, each person is forced to look at themselves and find where their personal boundaries are while still doing all they can to help their candidates win.  And the further the movie went, the more twisted and tangled everything became for everyone!  I liked that I didn’t really know how it was going to turn out and it wasn’t predictable.  It also has a great cast that includes George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti and Marisa Tomei!  I enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment