The Descendants

I loved this movie!  It was hard to watch in some spots, but I couldn’t turn away, either.  George Clooney’s character, Matt, a lawyer in Hawaii, is taking care of his daughters after his wife has been in a horrible boating accident and is clinging to life in the hospital.  He hasn’t really been a big part of their lives up to this point and seems to have a hard time relating to them.  As he does, there are also new revelations about his life that come to light for him.  Besides dealing with all of this, he is the sole trustee to a huge plot of land that he and his cousins are planning on selling because the trust for it will be dissolving before long.  I just felt like Matt was getting hit from all sides the whole movie and having to deal with everyone and everything and just trying to do the “right” thing as much as possible.  Nothing ever seemed to let up for him!  And it was like I could “feel” every emotion he was going though.  I can’t stop thinking about it!  I want to watch it again right now, but then again, I don’t…  Yeah, I think I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment