Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

This show was so much more than what I thought it would be and I really liked it!  Seeking a Friend for the End of the World is a movie, that if you let it, will make you stop and think.  It isn’t a heavy film but the emotions it can evoke can be pretty heartfelt.  The end of the world is here – there is no choice, there is no Bruce Willis to save the world, the asteroid Matilida is due to hit the earth and time is of the essence.  Steve Carell plays Dodge, whose no-nonsense approach on life is as plain as the nose on his face.  He meets his neighbor, Penny, played by Keira Knightley, who is an optimist looking at the world through rose colored glasses.  Together, they set out to fulfill their last wishes – for him it’s to find his first love and for her, it’s to be with her family.  Along the way, you meet people who, in their own way, are dealing with the end.  This movie made me think, what would I do if I knew I had 21 days to live – would I drink and party, would I go to work, would I riot and go crazy or would I spend that time with the people that matter the most in my life.  This movie isn’t an action movie – it is a very heartfelt movie of life, loss and a friendship that lasts through the final moments of time.  The ending was the culmination of the whole movie . . .it made me cry.  It was so much more than what the commercials presented and it’s worth every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment