The Private Lives of Pippa Lee

I wasn’t planning to write about this one, but I did watch it and I keep thinking about it, so figure I should.  I’d never even heard of it until a friend recommended it to me because he thought I’d like it – and he was right.  It’s one of those movies that reminds you that everyone has a “story” to their life and reasons why they are the way they are and how they’ve gotten to the point they are in their lives – even if it’s nothing like you would ever imagine just looking at them.  Which leads us to Pippa.  She’s married to a much older man and they’ve moved to a retirement community, where she seems kind of lost and seems to be reflecting on her life.  Maybe it’s a little mid-life crisis/nervous breakdown/looking for “herself” that she seems to have lost through the years type of thing or maybe has never truly found?  Whatever it is, we get to see a glimpse of her “private lives” from birth all the way to where she is now – all of her struggles with her own mother, her daughter, relationships – you feel like you “know” her and experience every up and down along with her as they get bigger and bigger in her life.  I don’t want to say too much, so I’ll stop there.  I’m just glad I watched this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment