Creed

Before watching this, I wasn’t sure that we really needed another “Rocky” movie – and I know it’s called Creed, but it’s really Rocky VII if I’m not mistaken!  I love the first three or four Rocky movies – and still watch them all the time - but felt like they’d kind of gone downhill with the last couple.  This movie was like it brought new life to the series for me!  The acting was stronger than it has been, the story was stronger than it has been, and it was all just a lot deeper and more emotional than I ever expected!  Michael B. Jordan plays Adonis Johnson, the son of the late Apollo Creed, who died in Rocky IV.  He wants to become a great fighter like his dad was and has never really had anyone in his life that could teach him.  So, it just makes sense for him to go to the man who knew Apollo better than anyone to train him – Rocky Balboa!  It was great seeing all of the flashbacks and little nods to the earlier films, along with adding a lot more to the story instead of just the same old, same old.  This was a great movie and I can’t wait to add it to my rotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment